Published On: Wed, Aug 5th, 2020

CBI receives Centre’s nod to initiate probe into Sushant Singh Rajput’s death

New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Wednesday received the Department of Personnel and Training’s (DoPT) notification to initiate a probe into actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death, officials said.

The DoPT issued a notification paving the way for the CBI to register a case

“The agency has received the notification from the government,” a CBI spokesperson said.

Earlier in the day, the DoPT issued a notification paving the way for the CBI to register a case.

In another related development, the Centre told the Supreme Court that it had accepted the Bihar government’s recommendation for a CBI probe into the case.

On Tuesday, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had sought the CBI probe into the death of the actor on June 14 at his Bandra apartment in Mumbai, on the request of Sushant Singh’s father KK Singh.

On Singh’s complaint, the Bihar Police registered a case against Sushant Singh’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty on July 25.

Sushant’s father had lodged an FIR against Rhea in Patna, accusing her of cheating and threatening his son. Sushant’s family has also accused her of keeping him away from his family.

The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has initiated a money laundering probe on the basis of the Patna Police’s FIR.

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com